GoodHuman is your one-stop shop for sustainable products and ethical brands. Easily find and shop brands and products that are all vetted, all good, discover a feed of infinite sustainable inspiration tailored to your interests, and save money through discount codes for over 300 brands.
What you put on your skin matters. At GoodHuman, we’re committed to ensuring that the brands we partner with focus on sustainable, plant-based ingredients and share our commitment to ethics, environment, animal welfare, and fair working conditions.
This also means our methodology excludes personal care and beauty brands that utilize animal testing in their production processes and products that contain one or more of 23 substances deemed toxic or unsustainable.
The following is our list of 23 banned ingredients that you will never find in GoodHuman’s beauty and personal care products:
- Aluminum Compounds
- BHA/BHT (Butylated Hydroxyanisole & Butylated Hydroxytoluene)
- Chemical Sunscreens
- Coal Tar Dyes
- EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic)
- Ethoxylated Ingredients
- Mercury and Mercury Compounds
- Methyl Cellosolve or 2-Methoxyethanol
- Mineral Oil / Paraffin Oil
- Nano size Zinc and Titanium Dioxide
- PEG (Polyethylene glycol)
- Sulfates (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Laureth Sulfate)
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Triclosan or Triclocarban
Curious about a specific ingredient or want to get involved in our community of changemakers? Download the GoodHuman app and submit some feedback.